Saturday, June 24, 2006

Day 23 of Breast Cancer


I'm back at home and it is absolutely marvellous! The sun is shining on my resplendant golden showers roses plus the chamomile. Mum is cooking a massive brunch for me and Dad who is due any second. I can just about type and am in minimal pain - despite having had an operation on Thursday!

I was the first on the list which was great as it meant no waiting and the team were fresh. I was up and about in no time at all and the breast is hardly different. They have done a neat cut around the nipple which will hardly show, so fingers crossed (and everything else) that the damn thing hasn't spread. We find out the results a week on Friday.

I tried reading Miss Marple in hospital, but found it too saccarhin, instead turned to 'How to Enjoy your operation' a humour book from 1963 which I quite enjoyed. Now I'm reading Alan Clark's diaries which is very good indeed. Can't put it down. Except I hate his racist sexist self. He reminds me of me though - hates his job and would prefer to be out in the countryside, or in my case the garden.

Phil was wonderful, although we both had a little cry when I had to go to have an Xray and I was fussing about my photos when he got back. He had just been saying how terrible it would be if I had Lung cancer. Of course that hasn't been ruled out yet. He went on a little walk and then we were ok. Mum was there too and I was so delighted with how well I felt than I rang everyone in my address book.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So good to know you're back home and spreading your own sunshine round the flat with appetite enough to tackle a massive brunch. There are bound to be lowsas well as highs for both you and Phil in the days ahead but your love for each other and courage is inspiration for all around you. Let us all help you as much as we possibly can. More power to the blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi
Haven't got your personal or home telephone number. Can you text me please with the numbers! I said I would get in touch when i got back from holiday.
Julesx